Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: John Darcy Classic Time Trial Saturday 25th July

John Darcy Classic Time Trial Saturday 25th July 24 Jul 2015 11:33 #7593

• dilipi04
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 21
Ah thanks Marie, I'll have you on speed dial!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

John Darcy Classic Time Trial Saturday 25th July 25 Jul 2015 15:50 #7599

• grykyo
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 111
Thanks again to Eilish and Jenny, JD, Colm and crew. It's almost possible to forget how massochistically satisfyng this TT can be :) Ribs are sore from the heavy breathing!

An other great WTC event, well done all!

G
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colm Flood, Darren_S, Paul Evans, michaelp

Last Edit: by grykyo.

John Darcy Classic Time Trial Saturday 25th July 25 Jul 2015 16:41 #7600

• JDarcy1
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 135
A big thank you to Eilish and Jenny , also to the competitors without whom we could not have a Race . We had 36 Entries . I think this was a record entry for this event .A lovely day - but we did seem to have a headwind all the way around the course.
The winners are :
Ladies :
1st Debs Meghan 2:14:55
2nd Jackie Hudson 2:22:38
3rd Rozanne Bell 2:26:38

Gents :
1st Joe Sheehy 1:50:54
2nd Noeli Kavenagh 1:52:23
3rd Brendan Buck 1:53:44
Well done to all , it was really nice to welcome back Deidre Hough who was over on a two week holiday from New Zealand and competed as a guest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ConorF, Colm Flood, Darren_S, Paul Evans, steve_mc, grykyo

John Darcy Classic Time Trial Saturday 25th July 26 Jul 2015 09:32 #7602

• ConorF
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 38
I'll second the thank you's to the ladies, and thanks to you and everyone else involved too John.
After all these years, it was my first time doing the TT. And it was brilliant, and terrible at the same time. Definitely on the list for next year :woohoo:
Will the full results be available?

Lift your legs, they'll fall themselves

John Darcy Classic TT Saturday 23rd of July 13 Jul 2016 20:24 #10366

• Colm Flood
  • Colm Flood's Avatar Topic Author
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 78
Folks,

So this years John Darcy TT will be held on Saturday the 23rd of July at 10.00am ( It was the 25th last year :unsure: ). There will be no Saturday spin that week.

For those who have not participated in it previously the vital details are as follows:

- It's 68.3km distance Time Trial and you need to know the route as it is a marshal free event.
- The club record for this route is 1.47 mins (Scott Graham) and the fastest times recorded last year were 1st Male: Joe Sheehy, 1:50:54 & 1st Female Debs Meghen: 2:14:55 :
- A trophy is presented to the fasted Male & Female at the Annual Awards dinner, so get training
- In addition, this year there will be a special prize for anyone who manages to beat John Darcy on the day, trust me we wont have to give out too many prizes :)

We do need a volunteer to be the official timer (no experience necessary), so if anyone would like to volunteer we would be most great-full

Route: Ashford School, heading up the Cullenmore Bends, onto the N11 to Kilmac, Long Hill, Calary, Roundwood, Laragh, Rathdrum, Glenealy - Rathnew and finishes at the Bus Stop just before Ashford.

connect.garmin.com/course/1530937

Last Edit: by Colm Flood.

John Darcy Classic TT Saturday 23rd of July 19 Jul 2016 16:18 #10391

• david g
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 24
Was on The Long Hill today and just to forwarn there's a section of newly laid loose chippings from just after the top of the hill for a mile or so towards Roundwood. Nice!

Last Edit: by david g.
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds