TOPIC: New to Tri - Group Cycling Skill Session

New to Tri - Group Cycling Skill Session 02 Oct 2017 14:18 #13124

• grykyo
  • grykyo's Avatar Topic Author
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 111
Hi All,
If you are new to tri I hope that you spotted two of the notices in particular within Ciara's update from a few days ago? We are implementing some new safety procedures starting from next Saturday 7th of October and a free to all Group Cycling Skills Session also next Saturday, 7th October.

The group cycling skills session is essential if you are new to the club and are not familiar with the way we cycle on Saturdays. Also if you are new to cycling or inexperienced in group cycling then this is a must to safely get the most from your Saturday cycles. There are so many benefits from cycling in a group from safety to training efficacy and on to plain simple social interaction which if you are new to the club will be very informative and a great way to integrate with your club colleagues.

This session is focused on safety first of all, yours and the group's and then on to why and how we ride in a group, the skills, techniques and habits you will have to learn and use. It is all accomplished while we cover the New to Tri spin next Saturday practising while we cycle. We will even cover the finer points of etiquette in the cycle group and build both your knowledge and confidence to help you maximise your Saturday spins.

Important:
With regard to the new safety practices we all have to get used to, we will have to sign on to the spin this week and exchange contact details and such like which will take a few minutes. Please come a little early as we will all be unused to the process so it is likely to be a bit awkward this week. There is also a new procedure to split groups when they get too large so I am suggesting that you put your name below in a post if you hope to join the skill session. While we are unlikely to max out this group I wouldn't like to see somebody miss the session if the group is full!

Please copy this list, paste it into a new reply adding your name to join the Cycling Skill Session

See you on Saturday

Garry

Group Cycling Skills Session
1. Garry Keogh
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellmcg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by grykyo.

New to Tri - Group Cycling Skill Session 05 Oct 2017 14:59 #13129

• KelvinG
  • New-to-Tri
  • New-to-Tri
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the note Gary - see you Saturday,.

1. Garry Keogh
2. Kelvin Gillen

New to Tri - Group Cycling Skill Session 05 Oct 2017 20:49 #13132

• Shellmcg
  • New-to-Tri
  • New-to-Tri
Thanks. See you Saturday

1. Garry Keogh
2. Kelvin Gillen
3. Michele McGraynor

New to Tri - Group Cycling Skill Session 09 Oct 2017 08:03 #13143

• sand160
  • New-to-Tri
  • New-to-Tri
1. Garry Keogh
2. Kelvin Gillen
3. Michele McGraynor
4. Sandra Purcell

New to Tri - Group Cycling Skill Session 12 Oct 2017 20:14 #13157

• sand160
  • New-to-Tri
  • New-to-Tri
Probably a silly question but apart from my bike what else should I bring with me on Saturday am

New to Tri - Group Cycling Skill Session 12 Oct 2017 20:24 #13158

• grykyo
  • grykyo's Avatar Topic Author
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 111
Have a look at this thread: www.wicklowtri.com/index.php/forum/new-t...estions?limitstart=0

Check the weather for a start, then:
Helmet, phone, water, layers, rain jacket, pump & inner tube and some pocket money for coffee and cake.

Michael can talk to you on the spin about preparing for the day but bring any or all of the above, helmet is mandatory however!

Enjoy!

Garry

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds