It's the news you've all been waiting for This year's annual Wicklow Tri cycling treasure hunt is taking place on the morning of Saturday Dec 16th, followed by a festive lunch in The Chester Beatty Inn.
If you haven't taken part in the treasure hunt before, here's a little bit of info on what it's all about.
- Meet in Ashford at 9:45am (Chester's Car Park)
- Decorate yourself and your bike with something festive .... lights, tinsel, santa hats, etc.
- You'll be broken into teams of 4 or 5, mixed with people from the different spin groups. We want you to get to know clubmates who you wouldn't normally cycle with
- You'll be given a list of festive items to find and fun tasks to do within a time limit. You must stay together as a group for the entire spin. We'll be looking for photos as evidence!!
- We all meet back in the cosy Chester Beatty Inn, where the club will be providing food, tea & coffee for all.
- The team that completes the most tasks within the required time limit, will be crowned the winners .... amidst much wailing and gnashing of teeth from the other groups. There’s also the inevitable argument that holly with berries is worthy of more points than holly without berries
Here’s a taster of some of the antics & outfits from recent years.
Thanks a mil to Colm & Nicola for organising another fun treasure hunt this morning. It was brilliant to see so many people there If any of you would like to have your photos & videoes shared out, then send them on to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.