It’s that time of year again. Our annual TT Cycling League will be kicking off next Wednesday evening, May 1st. As usual, we want to see as many members as possible taking part, as it’s a fantastic opportunity to improve your bike fitness and to get those fast-twitch fibres firing in time for the race season As well as a Race it is excellent training for your Races:: For those who are new to the club, the rules of the league are included below.Newbie prize for the fastest newcomers, so if you’ve joined the club within the past 18 months, this could be your chance to pick up some silverware!!
The league will run for 6 consecutive Wednesdays, meeting at the Beehive Pub for sign-on at 6.45pm, with the race then starting at 7pm.
The first 3 races will be approx 18km and the last 3 races will be 34km. The 18km route is from The Beehive down the N11 to Jack White’s Roundabout and back, whilst the 34km route will continue further south down the N11, from The Beehive to the Templerainey Roundabout and back.
Race order will be in approx speed order with the fastest cyclist going last. Cyclists will commence 1 minute apart.
Rules for the TT league:
- The event is open to Wicklow Tri Club Members only.
- Each participant must complete at least one of each TT distance (18km & 36km) to qualify.
- Each participant must volunteer to marshal for at least one of the races.
- Your fastest 3 placings will be counted for the league(one from each distance).
- Points will be awarded based on places, e.g. 20 points for first place, 19 points for second etc.
- There will be separate leagues for male & female
- Times for the first 3 males and females will be posted on the forum. All other results will be available to participants at the finish line.
- In the event of a tie on points, the fastest 18km time and fastest 34km time from contenders will be added and the lowest time is the winner of the league.
- Drafting is not permitted
Prizes will be awarded at the Wicklow Tri Annual Awards’ Night in November for the following categories
- Fastest Male
- Fastest Female
- Fastest Newcomer – Male
- Fastest Newcomer – Female
If a newcomer ends up being the fastest male/female overall, then the prize will be awarded to the 2nd fastest newcomer.
So now that the rules are out of the way, it’s time to find out who is racing. So if you’re planning to take part in the 1st race next Wednesday (May 1st), just add your name to this forum post so I can get Start list ready. Please let us know what date you’re available to marshal as well.
TT 1 18 km May 1st
Joe Sheehy-not competing this year just racing for training purposes.
Joe Sheehy-not competing this year just racing for training purposes
Moira Gunn (Marshal 15th May)