TOPIC: Club and TI Membership clarification

Club and TI Membership clarification 27 Mar 2018 16:32 #13827

• ConorF
  • ConorF's Avatar Topic Author
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 61
Hi all
I wanted to clarify some points that have been raised recently with regard to WTC membership and TI license / Insurance.
Just to clarify, **These are Triathlon Ireland Rules and Regulations, Not wicklow Triathlon Club**

If you wish to join any TI affiliated club in Ireland, you must have TI license. There are NO Exceptions.
TI Licenses start from €22 for a year, for a non competition license.

If you have TI license and insurance, and wish to join a Cycling Ireland affiliated club, you will need a Cycling Ireland license and insurance. There are NO Exceptions.
Your TI license does not cover you for any Cycling Ireland events or training. And the same goes the other way around too.
If you decide to join, Triathlon Ireland, Swim Ireland, Cycling Ireland, Athletics Ireland, or any other sporting organisation, guess what...... yes, you will have to join that organisation, and sign up to their particular license / insurance scheme.
Personally, I think that there should be one sporting insurance body that could cover all of out interests, but there is not.

To all our members, past and present, everyone is most welcome to join our amazing club, but you must have the correct license and insurance.
As I pointed out at the top of this piece, these are not our rules, these come directly from Triathlon Ireland. As a club, it is our duty to abide by the rules and regulations of our governing body.
After all, if we were not an affiliated club, we would never have been awarded the National Series, and National Championship races for 2018.

If anyone would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, or speak to any committee member.

Yours in Sport
Conor FitzGerald
Chairperson 2018
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Evans

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lift your legs, they'll fall themselves
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds