Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Club Duathlon 15th April 2018

Club Duathlon 15th April 2018 15 Apr 2018 17:17 #13921

• SOPH
  • New-to-Tri
  • New-to-Tri
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,
I braved the elements today, rain, wind, cold, it was all overwhelming!

I just wanted to say a big thank you to all the marshals who were there today, tough conditions (rain, wind, cold) you are all awesome, thank you for all your help and for shouting you just made my first duathlon memorable,I won't forget it.Last but not least, a huge thank you to Dan, who helped me go through the bike route, Dan you gave me the confidence I needed, I am greateful for being part of the Wicklow Tri Club!
Sophie, a newbee :-)
PS: when is the new duathlon :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Club Duathlon 15th April 2018 15 Apr 2018 17:18 #13922

• audreyp
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 46
Well done everyone, huge success. And special well done to Christine and Davey! Hopefully next year I’ll be injury free and I can take part too!!

Big thanks to Martina and Ciara!

Club Duathlon 15th April 2018 15 Apr 2018 17:58 #13923

• cadams
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Get It Done
  • Thank you received: 3
Third time lucky, didn’t get the weather again but at least we made it to the start line. A big thanks to Martina, Ciara and the crew for organizing and giving up their time in miserable conditions. I hope we can get more at the next one because it’s a great introduction to multi sport, particularly if you don’t like swimming and it’s also a great brick training workout. Well done to all who turned out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JennyD

Club Duathlon 15th April 2018 15 Apr 2018 18:02 #13924

• Noelle
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 51
Can’t i just say a big well done to everyone who took part today because it was a miserable morning for it!! Freezing cold and wet so a massive congratulations to you all! Nice to have to coffee and chats afterwards too!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JennyD

Club Duathlon 15th April 2018 16 Apr 2018 09:43 #13925

• JennyD
  • New-to-Tri
  • New-to-Tri
  • Thank you received: 2
I just wanted to say thank you to Martina and Ciara for all the hard work organising yesterday’s duathlon. Huge thanks to all the marshals for staying out in that awful weather and for all the amazing support which really did help me to get around the course. It was my first duathlon. I haven’t really been cycling for all that long, I’m coming from a running background (not that I’m all that great at running either! LOL!) For me it was a real test of what I could possibly do. I really enjoyed it, despite the weather!! The breakfast/coffee/scones in the pub afterwards were great too. Great way to meet fellow club members as well as testing our own abilities. Lessons learnt for me too – bring more warm clothes and keep them in a waterproof plastic bag!!!! I had brought a hoodie and tracksuit bottoms, but it was so miserable I ended up wearing the hoodie for the whole duathlon so it got soaked. I threw the tracksuit bottoms on over my cycling shorts just to get warm quickly at the end, but the wet just soaked through. So, more warm gear and waterproof bags next time. Thanks again to everyone who turned up. Looking forward to the next one. ;o)

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds