Lost Sheep 30 Aug 2018 09:33 #14720

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 71
Best of luck to everyone racing the Lost Sheep on Saturday

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lost Sheep 03 Sep 2018 18:59 #14731

• JDarcy1
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 170
We had 20 Wicklow Tri Athletes competing in Kenmare on Saturday. It was a tough course as usual , but the weather was good though a bit hot for such a hilly run .All of the Wicklow Tri competitors put in great performances , Scotty was 4th overall with an amazing time of 4:18 on such a hilly course. and also won his age group, .the club also had several wins in the age groups.
Unfortunately Toni had a crash on the bike course which required several stitches but he seemed to be ok at the party on Saturday night which also celebrated Ciara s birthday. A well organised event. .Great weekend away , it definitely is the best Triathlon Club in the world !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Toni

Lost Sheep 03 Sep 2018 19:40 #14732

• Ciaraoneill
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 266
You're as modest as ever John :) For those who mightn't have heard, John is the 2018 Irish National Middle-Distance Champion for his age group, after finishing in a pretty incredible time of 5 hrs 46 mins on Saturday. Not only that, but the club has 2 other National Champions for this year, with Scott Graham and Lisa Bishop both coming first in their age categories.

Top notch race as always and a cracking weekend all round :cheer: Hope those wounds are healing well Toni!!

Lost Sheep 04 Sep 2018 05:51 #14734

• ConorF
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 64
I agree with all the previous statements, a brilliant weekend as usual. A great way to finish the season
Congratulations to our National Champions. On such a warm and humid day, you guys were all amazing. Tough day for all, and especially Toni, who soldiered on to be able tell some war stories later on that evening.
The only worrying thing was some of the dance moves by certain members. You’d swear they never get out:lol:

Lift your legs, they'll fall themselves

Lost Sheep 04 Sep 2018 12:52 #14736

• FionaKelly
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 13
Well done Lost Sheep crew! Fantastic results out there!

Would someone like to write up a full race report about the day?

Lost Sheep 04 Sep 2018 14:32 #14741

• Toni
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 9
It was a very successful weekend for Wicklow Tri club, great performances all around. Well done to all the WTC members who took part!! It is an amazing course but no doubt it is tough (especially the run). Unfortunately, things didn't go my way; so I had to call it a day 2h into the race. A fall on the bike coming down the Healy pass was the reason. Few stitches and some cuts in my nose, face, arms, back and knees but no broken bones lucky enough :ohmy: It could have been much worse...

Thanks for the good wishes, I really appreciate them. The body/wounds are healing slowly; the bike and the helmet are a different story, though... :S Nevertheless, I am hoping to be back next year!! ;)

Last Edit: by Toni.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds