Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ironman Cork 2019

Ironman Cork 2019 22 Jun 2019 19:00 #15482

• PaulineD
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 4
Best of Luck to everyone in Cork tomorrow.

Hope you Enjoy the day. Take care out there.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Toni

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by PaulineD.

Ironman Cork 2019 24 Jun 2019 16:22 #15485

• Toni
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 9
Thanks a mill for all the good wishes and for all the support along the course...in such horrendous conditions. :sick: WTC supporters were the best (so many of you, I don't want to mention names as I may leave out someone, you know who you are). Windmill hill was the highlight of the race (in my case, anyway :whistle:) Going up that bleeding hill was like a mountain stage of the Tour or Giro, 3-4 people deep cheering your name, the club, encouraging to push harder...It took everything that I had to go up the hill...however I felt the warm support and the encouraging words and shouts, too...
Even, in remote parts of the bike route, some WTC members were giving you a shout when you went by! Just amazing!
The run was a very long jog in very tough conditions (wind and rain) but again, the WTC members were there to give us the support and cheering much needed to keep us going, you were everywhere! I'm very proud to be member of this club, the best triathlon club in the world! Thanks to you all! ;)

Last Edit: by Toni.

Ironman Cork 2019 26 Jun 2019 08:27 #15502

• kgraham
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 65
I would also like to thank all my amazing clubmates for their support last Sunday. Conditions were atrocious but that didn't put you off. I really appreciate it especially in the 'run' when I wanted to stop.

Much as I would love to write a race report I won't as think I'm still in shock. My initial disappointment is gradually being replaced with pride. The people of Youghal and surrounding countryside were nothing short of epic, just incredible. I can't praise them enough.

Well done to the whole IM Cork crew some great results out there. Catch up soon once I've emptied the water out of my poor bike frame!!!!!!

Getting back into it.....

Ironman Cork 2019 01 Jul 2019 08:38 #15516

• Marlieseken
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 3
Its taken a week and I think I have recovered ...

Dear All,

thanks so much for your support - it has been a truly amazing experience!!!

Brief Race report:
I was over the moon when the swim was cancelled, it was cold and really really rough.
The bike was wet and windy, second lap worse than the first, and the wind never ever stopped!!!
And the run - after 26 km my knee started complaining, after 28 km I had to walk - anything to get over the finish line!!!

Not the best time, but still a PB ;-)

Again, I wouldn't have been able to do it with all the support from all you guys!

I have booked accommodation for next year's IM in Youghal, not to participate but to support whoever is doing it!

Again, THANKXAMILLION!!!!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds