• damocoyle
  • damocoyle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Keep On Keeping On
  • Thank you received: 42
Hey Everyone,

Happy New Year to you all.

Delighted to have the opportunity to create a new thread for Wicklow Tri Club Race Reports in 2017.

The Duathlon season has kicked off with the newly named Galco-Naas Duathlon Sprint Series 1 which was held on Sunday 15th of January at Punchestown Racecourse in Naas County Kildare.

Representing the blue and yellow of Wicklow was Joe Sheehy.Continuing on his impressively fine form from 2016 into the new year, Joe finished on the podium in 3rd place for his Age Category.

Congratulations to Joe from everyone here at Wicklow TC. Also worth mentioning that Joe finished 2nd in the Ashford AAC mile challenge and a big shoutout to his youngest daughter Molly who got awarded with the athlete of the year. No doubt that Joe, Heidi, Molly and Lily will be a force to be reckoned with this year. Here's to a successful year to you all.

Last but not least, it going to be a busy year for all involved at Wicklow TC and I would greatly appreciate if you could keep me posted on who participating in events for this year. It will give me a chance to research the events and pull together some information to make for interesting reports. I would like to ensure that all those competing get a shout out. Feel free to contact me via the Forum, Facebook, Twitter or if you want to drop me a text then thats cool too.

Keep Smiling and Be Awesome

Damien
PRO
086 3873497
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darren_S, Heidijo, JustD, FionaKelly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Damo

Wicklow Tri Club Race Reports 2017 31 Jan 2017 14:53 #11612

• damocoyle
  • damocoyle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Keep On Keeping On
  • Thank you received: 42
Hi All,

Welcome and thanks for reading the second race report release of the season.

As the saying goes “It never gets easier, you just get stronger” and on that basis, we had some very strong runs from some of our members who participated in the AXA Sponsored Raheny 5 Mile Road Race which took place in very wet conditions in Raheny, Dublin on Sunday 29th January 2017.

Having participated in this race the previous two years, it is a hugely popular and well supported race which takes in the surroundings of St Anne's Park and over 4000 athletes was evidence that this race continues its upward growing attendance trend.

It could be said that the inclement weather prevented personal bests all round but a quick glance at the race results tell a different story.

Gill Carthy who was competing in her first road race finished in 41:36. Gill has been training really hard in the off season so it is great to see the work she is putting in paying off. You have set the benchmark for yourself Gill so looking forward to seeing the race times tumble even further for you.

Noelle and Daniel Brennan who ran this race together finished in a time of 43:10. Well done Noelle, no doubt Daniel was very supportive along the way and everyone hopes to see you throw a few triathlons into the mix this season.

Heidi and Joe Sheehy continue their fantastic early season form. Heidi who was also running this race for her first time finished in 44:36 and Joe running a superb race finishing in a time of 32:52. Well done Heidi and Joe.

Big shout out also to Stephen McCarthy who completed the course in 38:30 and a mention also to Ray Kenny who ran a fantastic 30:20. Rumour has it he is no longer a member at Wicklow TC (if someone can confirm that would be great) however it’s always nice to keep in touch and give people their kudos.

Before I sign off, I just wanted to say a huge thanks to Eamonn Tilley who hosted the first track session of 2017 which took place at the Go Gym Race Track at 10am on Sunday morning. I was gutted to miss it but from what I heard it was a great coaching session given the amount of positive feedback from everyone who attended. So well done on the early start and we’ll see you all at the next sessions on the 19th February 2017 at 10am.

Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running.

Keep On Keeping On

Damien
The following user(s) said Thank You: Heidijo, steve_mc, Noelle

Damo

Wicklow Tri Club Race Reports 2017 31 Jan 2017 17:20 #11614

• Heidijo
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 49
thanks Damien-this is a super race for a few reasons. 1. There are no hills!! 2. If you like chocolate you will adore the very very generous goody bag. Defo on the list for next year. Well done all.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds