Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Women's run with Gary Crossan Sat 13th Feb

Women's run with Gary Crossan Sat 13th Feb 11 Feb 2016 22:05 #9044

• kgraham
  • kgraham's Avatar Topic Author
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 49
The carpark beside Go Gym (used to be Jackie Skellies) off Charlesland link road. Does this make sense?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orla MCA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Getting back into it.....

Women's run with Gary Crossan Sat 13th Feb 13 Feb 2016 12:47 #9055

• Heidijo
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 40
Well i must say from a run-haters point of view i actually rather enjoyed today! Thanks Karen for organizing this session. I learnt alot (on your toes! high kness! high cadence! drive the arms!) and was pushed out of my lovely comfy zone for the sprints. Im going to try to incorporate these points into my running sessions from now on.
Thanks to Gary too. A great no-nonsense coach who made us all work hard. A tough session (1.40mins) of drills, plyometrics, technique, speedwork and stretching. The highlight of the day for me was trying to do a one hop jump over the hurdles....harder than you all think!!

I may now fall into a heap on the couch and watch the rugby...

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: kgraham

Women's run with Gary Crossan Sat 13th Feb 13 Feb 2016 14:06 #9056

• Martina
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 34
Thanks Karen for organising this session and a big thank you to Gary Crossan. Great coaching and drills - as Heidi said, lots of things to incorporate into our runs and warm-ups which can only help to improve our technique. Sorry you were ill for it Karen and we look forward to having you back fit and healthy shortly.
Don't forget everybody, Lanesboro opens tomorrow - don't be distracted by Valentine's - prioritise your race schedule :silly:

Women's run with Gary Crossan Sat 13th Feb 13 Feb 2016 14:15 #9057

• audreyp
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 41
Really enjoyed today's session. Speaking from a beginners point of view it was brilliant. He had loads of great advice and the session was suitable for all abilities. Just following his advice I knocked 4 seconds from my first 90 meter sprint to my last. Which shows how important form is. Thanks so much for organising. And a big thanks to Gary for the support and encouragement.

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds