TOPIC: Registration for Swimming/Yoga - Opening this Sun

Registration for Swimming/Yoga - Opening this Sun 01 Mar 2018 20:20 #13716

• Ciaraoneill
  • Ciaraoneill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 254
Hi members

Registration for the next block of swimming and yoga classes will open this Sunday morning, March 4th at 9am. As usual, you'll need to pay via our online store to secure a place. Places are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.

Please read the following information as there are some changes to the process:
- Unfortunately we frequently see a number of members signing up for swim blocks but then only attending 1 or 2 (and in some cases none) of the classes. As you all know, swim places are in BIG demand, so this is causing a lot of frustration for members who missed out on getting a place in a swim block. Therefore, the committee have decided to introduce a waiting-list system for future swim blocks, whereby a member who misses at least 50% of the classes within a swim block, will be put on a waiting-list when the next block opens. Basically, priority will be given to other members to sign up ahead of the people who miss at least 50% of the previous block. If the block doesn’t sell out within a few days, then people on the waiting-list will be offered a place.
- Members should only sign up for a swim block that suits their ability (check the guidelines included below and check with your coach). If you sign up for a class that doesn’t match your ability, then you may end up being reassigned to another class or refunded.
- If you’re new to the club and are interested in swimming but you haven’t yet been assessed by Coach John Doyle, then please contact us at wicklowtri@gmail.com before signing up for the next swim block. Swim assessments will enable us to guide you to the swim class that best suits your ability.
- As usual, we want as many members as possible to have the opportunity to get at least 1 coached club swim per week, so in the interest of fairness, we ask that all members can initially just sign up for 1 block when registration opens on Sunday morning. If the blocks don’t sell out within a few days, then we will give members the opportunity to purchase a 2nd swim slot.
- Remember, if you know you’re going to miss 3 or more classes in a row (e.g. due to travel or an injury) then please contact us as we may be able to temporarily transfer your place to another member (with agreement from your coach).

Swimming Class Times
NOTE: The next block of Thursday swim & yoga classes will just be 9 week blocks and will now commence on March 22nd rather than March 15th. This is because the current block now needs to be extended by 1 week, to compensate for the cancelled class on March 1st due to the snow storm.

Wicklow Town, Monday evening 8:00pm: commencing March 26th
8 Class Block (due to bank holidays on March 19th, April 2nd and May 7th). Open Water swimming in Wicklow Harbour from June onwards.
Advanced, Intermediate & Improvers

Greystones, Tuesday morning 6:30am:
commencing March 13th
10 Week Block
Advanced only – Approx < 1:50 mins per 100m

Greystones, Thursday evening 7pm: commencing March 22nd
9 Week Block
Advanced & intermediate only (At a minimum, participants must be able to complete 10 x 100m on a 2:10min turnaround time)

Greystones, Thursday evening 8pm
: commencing March 22nd
9 Week Block
Improvers only

Equipment Needed: Pull Buoy, fins, paddles

Yoga
Tuesday evening 7:30pm
Shoreline Greystones, commencing March 13th
10 week block

Thursday evening 6:45pm

Shoreline Greystones, commencing March 22nd
9 week block

Thursday evening 8:15pm

Shoreline Greystones, commencing March 22nd
9 week block

Equipment Needed: Yoga mat

Many thanks
Ciara & the Committee
The following user(s) said Thank You: JennyD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Ciaraoneill.

Registration for Swimming/Yoga - Opening this Sun 04 Mar 2018 10:36 #13726

• JennyD
  • New-to-Tri
  • New-to-Tri
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Ciara
I managed to book the improvers swimming lessons on-line this morning. I'm only with the club just over a month. Please could you or someone from the club let me know what fins and paddles I need to get? I know what the pull buoy looks like. Is there a recommended place to get them?
Thanks
Jenny

Registration for Swimming/Yoga - Opening this Sun 04 Mar 2018 13:04 #13728

• Ciaraoneill
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

JennyD wrote: Please could you or someone from the club let me know what fins and paddles I need to get? I know what the pull buoy looks like. Is there a recommended place to get them?
Thanks
Jenny

Hi Jenny

Any standard swimming fins/flippers and hand paddles will do. I’ve included some sample photos below, so anything similar to them will be fine. If you call over to the nice people in Base2Race, they’ll be able to help you.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JennyD

Registration for Swimming/Yoga - Opening this Sun 04 Mar 2018 13:46 #13729

• JennyD
  • New-to-Tri
  • New-to-Tri
  • Thank you received: 2
That's great. Thanks Ciara. - Jenny

Registration for Swimming/Yoga - Opening this Sun 04 Mar 2018 18:09 #13732

• Ciaraoneill
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Both Thursday swim sessions in Greystones have sold out.
1 place remaining in the advanced swimmer class on Tuesday morning.
A number of places still remaining in Wicklow Pool for Monday evening.
Places still remaining in all 3 yoga classes too.

Registration for Swimming/Yoga - Opening this Sun 05 Mar 2018 13:10 #13734

• Ciaraoneill
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Tuesday morning swim block has now sold out as well. We still have availability in the Wicklow Monday block.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.398 seconds