TOPIC: Coolattin Training Weekend

Coolattin Training Weekend 23 Feb 2015 22:05 #6340

• Ciaraoneill
  • Ciaraoneill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 189
Hi guys

This year's annual training trip to Coolattin Lodge ( www.coolattinlodge.com/ ) will take place on the weekend of March 27th - 29th.

For those who haven't been before, it's a fantastic training & social weekend away. The main event is a long cycle (80km - 100km) on the Saturday morning around the Mount Leinster region, with a shorter route options for those who don't fancy spending that long in the saddle. There'll be a coffee/lunch-stop along the way too. Sunday morning will often be a short bike spin followed by a 10km trail run.

It's just as much about the social side of things though, with the group cooking & eating together in the houses on both evenings, along a few (sometimes too many!) bottles of beer and wine. A trip to the local pub in Shillelagh is usually squeezed in as well ;)

In terms of cost, it will vary depending on how many people sign up and how much food is purchased, but it's likely to be in the region of €70 - €85 per person for the accommodation, with a further €20ish to cover your food (breakfasts & dinners) and utilities. Once we've a list of interested attendees, we'll be looking for your accommodation payment in advance, otherwise last-minute drop-outs would just cause the prices to be hiked for everyone else in the group.

Spaces are limited and will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis (Accommodation sleeps 18 people on a single person shared bedroom basis or 22 people if we have a few couples who are able to share beds).

As it's such a popular weekend away, places are usually snapped up pretty quickly, so please post here if you'd like to attend.

Hope to see loads of you there :)

Ciara

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Ciaraoneill.

Re: Coolattin Training Weekend 24 Feb 2015 12:36 #6344

• marieb
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 57
Count me in - always a great weekend in fab location and top quality accommodation - just need to conquer the final part of Mount Leinster!!!

Re: Coolattin Training Weekend 24 Feb 2015 14:27 #6345

• Buzbyjnr
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 83
1st race of the season on the 29th .... :-(

enjoy always a cracking weekend

Growing old is Mandatory.... Growing Up is optional.....

Re: Coolattin Training Weekend 24 Feb 2015 14:35 #6346

• Maryk
  • New-to-Tri
  • New-to-Tri
  • Thank you received: 1
Can you put my name down aswell Ciara, never one to miss a good weekend away!!;) Thanks a mil
The following user(s) said Thank You: bthornt

Re: Coolattin Training Weekend 24 Feb 2015 16:10 #6347

• JohnOC
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 8
Count me in as well Ciara.

Re: Coolattin Training Weekend 24 Feb 2015 19:11 #6349

• Colm Flood
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 77
Ciara,

Will you include me as well, it was a really good weekend last year, my personal highlight was fixing Eilish's 17 punctures :) & don't get me started on the scones !

For anyone new to the club it is really good opportunity to meet exiting members and we do typically have an option of a 50km spin on the Saturday as well, so you have no excuse. I know some of you have issues getting access to the forum, so feel free to drop me an e-mail on colm.aflood@gmail.com if you are interested or have any queries.

Regards

Colm.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds