Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Triathlon Training Day – Saturday April 7th

Triathlon Training Day – Saturday April 7th 26 Mar 2018 10:50 #13821

• JennyD
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Ciara
Just wondering if this training day is going ahead?
Thanks
Jenny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Triathlon Training Day – Saturday April 7th 26 Mar 2018 12:32 #13822

• Ciaraoneill
  • Ciaraoneill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 268
Hi Jenny

Yes, it will go ahead :) There are still some places available, so we'd love to see a few more of you sign up.

Ciara
The following user(s) said Thank You: JennyD

Triathlon Training Day – Saturday April 7th 26 Mar 2018 12:56 #13825

• JennyD
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
Great! Good news. Thanks.

Triathlon Training Day – Saturday April 7th 03 Apr 2018 09:26 #13836

• JennyD
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
Hi Ciara
Just wondering will we be getting an email or something with what we need to bring and final arrangements for the Triathlon Training Day this Saturday?
Thanks
Jenny

Triathlon Training Day – Saturday April 7th 03 Apr 2018 17:46 #13837

• Ciaraoneill
  • Ciaraoneill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 268
All attendees should hopefully have received an email from Eamonn Tilley today. If anyone didn’t get it, please let me know.

Payment is required in advance via our online store (you can find it under ‘Training Day’).

We still have a couple of places available if any more members are interested in signing up? It really is a fantastic training opportunity and you’ll be guaranteed to learn loads :)

In terms of what you need to bring:
Swim: Swimsuit, goggles, swim cap, pull buoy, fins, paddles
Cycle: bike, turbo trainer, cycle shorts & jersey, bike shoes (if you use them)
Run: Running shorts & top, runners
Extras: towel, water bottles, snacks to eat between sessions,l

If any of you don’t have a turbo trainer, let me know.

Think that’s everything!

Enjoy!! :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JennyD

Triathlon Training Day – Saturday April 7th 03 May 2018 11:28 #14015

• JennyD
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
Just wanted to write a bit of a (late) review of the Triathlon Training Day. I know it was almost a month ago, but I've been meaning to write something.
I found the whole day to be an amazing experience. I picked up loads of tips and information, mostly from the extremely knowledgeable and informative Eamonn Tilly but also from the other more experienced people who attended the training day. Myself and Sophie were the only newbies, which really surprised us. Newbies of all people would need this sort of training and attention I would have thought.
The day was quite tough as you would expect, but do-able and it was fun. We started with swimming and were given great tips and drills and were advised on what we needed to work on to tweak our technique. When we got back from the swim we got tea/coffee, fruit, fruit cake and biscuits. Then back to work. The turbo for me was an eye opener. I had never done turbo training before. It was pretty tough, but again, we got good advice and tips from Eamonn and we were advised on what we needed to work on for whatever event we had coming up. The S&C session we learnt good stretches and exercises specific to triathletes and we got to find out what our one rep bench press limit was, under a controlled and safe environment. Then we got lovely soup and bread and tea/coffee more fruit/cake/biscuits and then we headed to the track. At this stage the heavens decided to open, but the show must go on. It cleared after we had done a few laps. Again great tips from Eamonn for running. Then a short talk about transitions. Eamonn kindly created a Whats App group for all who attended the Training Day and send us all photos and videos from the day. All in all I found it to be a great day and would highly recommend it to newbies in particular and I would attend again should the club hold another training day. Worth every penny. Thanks again Eamonn and to WTC for holding the training day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaelp

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds