• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 183
Hi all,

The dates for the Aquathon Series 2017 are as follows:
  • Wed 21 June
  • Wed 19 July
  • Wed 16 August

Please keep these dates free if at all possible as these races cannot happen without the hard work of our club members. I would love to see as many members as possible partaking the race of course, but we also do need a significant number of marshals for each race to ensure the race is run smoothly and, most importantly, safely.

I'll post closer to each race looking for marshals for that race so please keep your eyes on the forum.

However, what I'd really like now is if there is anyone interested in getting involved in the organisation of the races. Please feel free to reply here or contact me directly - or email aquathonseries@wicklowtri.com. The more people who understand what goes on behind the scenes to get these races up and running the better for everyone really!

Over the coming days I'll be updating the race website and the race entries will hopefully be going live on the Triathlon Ireland website.

Thanks,

-Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Aquathon Series 2017: Dates + Help Wanted 16 Jan 2017 16:46 #11508

• billyd
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 8
Thumbs Up - well maybe just one thumb and a pinkie !
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaelp

Aquathon Series 2017: Dates + Help Wanted 18 Jan 2017 14:16 #11525

• michaelp
  • michaelp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 183
As many of you know, Ronan Guilfoyle has kindly been doing the timing for the Aquathon races for years. Ronan volunteered his free time without being a club member and the club as a whole owes him a huge debt of gratitude. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say he'll be missed!

This means that I will be looking for a volunteer or, ideally, a couple of volunteers to help out with the race timing. It's pretty straightforward, I'd just need to go through how it works with you ahead of time. You don't need to be overly computer-literate, if you can use Microsoft Excel to any degree you'll be able to do it. The more people we have trained up in how to use it, the less often you'll be asked to do it!

Let me know if you're available to help out!

Thanks,

-Michael

Last Edit: by michaelp.

Aquathon Series 2017: Dates + Help Wanted 18 Jan 2017 14:34 #11526

• Darren_S
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 31
Hi Michael

I've done the timing before and am happy to help out when possible - the problem is that I will only be around for one of the races this summer.

I can confirm as Michael says, that the job of timekeeping is not overly complicated, and a nice one to volunteer for

Cheers

Darren
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaelp

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds