TOPIC: Aquathon Series 2018

Aquathon Series 2018 20 Jul 2017 11:25 #12746

• michaelp
  • michaelp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 183
Hi all,

This is my second year as Race Dorector for the aquathon series and, especially having just moved jobs, I'm struggling to dedicate as much time to the series as I really should. As such, I would really appreciate it if someone took it off my hands for next year.

Why am I asking now? Well, with one race left for this year there's scope to shadow me for the next race and see what's involved for making sure the race runs smoothly.

Most of the organisation happens before the race day itself, coordinating with TI, sponsors, the council, Order of Malta, Coastguard, etc. And then approaching the event ensuring that there's enough marshals and the like. I've always had massive help in this regard with Karen/Amanda taking care of registration and Debs handling water safety and helping pick viable dates due to the tides. Also, most marshals are experienced in running the races so you can rely on people while you focus on other matters. And Conor Fitz handed me over all the stuff I needed which I can in turn pass on (check lists, event plans, etc) and was there for me to answer all the questions I had, which I promise to do also.

I love these races and it is a hugely rewarding role. So if you are interested at all please feel free to reply here or contact me directly if you're shy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds