Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: *CANCELLED*: Final Aquathon 2017

Call for Marshals: Final Aquathon 2017 14 Aug 2017 06:32 #12915

  • michaelp
  • michaelp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 660
  • Karma: 4
  • Thank you received: 180
Thanks for the responses!

If anyone else is free to help Karen and Amanda with registration before the race (you should still be able to race yourself!) please let her know.

If anyone is willing to do the race timing please let me know. It's quite straightforward and I'll show you how to do it and provide the laptop on the night. Darren Stanley kindly volunteered to do it for the last 2 races but he's away this time and also we can't expect he same person to do it every race so the more people who know how to do it the better.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Call for Marshals: Final Aquathon 2017 14 Aug 2017 15:41 #12919

  • kgraham
  • kgraham's Avatar
  • Offline
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Posts: 324
  • Karma: 1
  • Thank you received: 50
We now have the following for registration
Amanda
Karen B
Janine
Audrey
Gaby (possibly kayaking)
Yvonne

Thank you all for your help. One more name to complete the registration team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Getting back into it.....

Call for Marshals: Final Aquathon 2017 14 Aug 2017 15:50 #12920

  • Marlieseken
  • Marlieseken's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Posts: 26
  • Thank you received: 0
Hiya, am happy to help with registration and then do marshalling afterwards. So add my name to the list ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Call for Marshals: Final Aquathon 2017 15 Aug 2017 16:58 #12926

  • michaelp
  • michaelp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 660
  • Karma: 4
  • Thank you received: 180
Hi all,

Gale force winds and heavy rain is forecast for tomorrow night. Bray sailing club have told us they cannot launch given the current forecast and I cannot expect our kayakers and the coastguard to do the same, let alone stand over the safety of our competitors. So unfortunately tomorrow's race is cancelled.

Thank you to everyone who volunteered during the year. Your help was thoroughly appreciated. I'm really sorry that those of you hoping to race this week won't get that opportunity but safety has to come first. Unfortunately given the dying light and tides, rescheduling isn't really feasible at this point.

Thanks again and hope to see you out en force next year!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by michaelp.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum